Offsetted Concentric Spheres

Hi,

Can someone help me with the the analitical calculation of the electric

field of an offsetted concentric sphere. The inner electrode is 9.5mm in diameter and the diameter of the outer electrode is 64mm. The offset of the inner electrode is 44.5 mm from the centre, so that the distance of the inner electrode towards the outer electrode is 10mm. The outer electrode is at ground potential (0 Volt) the inner electrode

is at 100 kVolt.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

Reply to
rzoet

Oh, looks like I stumbled into alt.homework.help.

Now, where did alt.eng.elect go? ...

spamTHISbrp

Doesn't make sense. If the outer sphere has a radius of 32mm, for the inner sphere to be offset by 44.5 mm means its *outside* of the outer sphere.

Homework?

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

If it isn't in Smythe's "Static and Dynamic Electricity," then it cannot be done! :=)

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

It's a Klien Bottle! :-) Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Ah.... Change the whole idea of 'inside' :-) LOL!

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

No this is no homework? A problem with a real high voltage test set up.

Reply to
rzoet

How do you get the inner sphere energised without some connection from the outer world and thus disturbing the field? In any case, once this is done, how do you know what is going on between the spheres? Cylindrical conductors- yes- common problem.

Reply to
Don Kelly