Online source for three wire lamp socket

Hello Ladies and Gents, Can anyone give me a online supplier for three wire lamp sockets. I don't mean three way switch sockets, I need wiring access to all three wires. Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob. Wells

| Can anyone give me a online supplier for three wire lamp sockets. I | don't mean three way switch sockets, I need wiring access to all three | wires.

It sounds like you want the same lamp socket as used for 3-way bulbs, but without the switch so you could (in theory) wire your own (but I suspect for some reason you have something different planned).

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Hello Phil,

That is precisely what I would like . I want to create a wall mount upward bounce lighting fixture (sort of like a flower box) with three or five three-way CF bulbs such that I can achieve a large number of lighting levels. It would use 6 or 10 triacs (hmmm I wonder if I can use them with CF bulbs) and a sequencer to step through all possible combinations. And lastly to feed the sequencer with a signal from a spare Genie Intellicode RF transmitter and modified receiver. My other thought was to use white hi-powered LEDs and control the power voltage supply with the genie remote.

Thanks, Bob

Bob. Wells

I suspect you will be starting with a regular lampholder with a chain or knob switch. I looked at Hubbell, Pass and Seymour, Leviton and Cooper. None of them had a keyless 3-way.

Reply to
gfretwell

If you're going to all the expense and trouble to put together a triac system, why not just buy a trigger card and do SCR power control to give you infinitiely variable dimming?

Reply to
Bob Ferapples

Hello Bob,

I guess I could do that as long as I used dimmable fluorescents. It just seems the ones I've tried have had premature failure and poor output after

Reply to
Bob. Wells

Oops, missed the CF in your original post. probably will not work.

As for the lamp sockets, Leviton makes them, go to their website and download the catalog, then search for part # 7065 for the entire thing, or 7065-M for the interior only. They are called "Keyless

3-Terminal sockets. These are OEM parts so you may need to contact Leviton for where you can buy them, Google didn't find any sources.

Good luck.

Reply to
Bob Ferapples

Oops, missed the CF in your original post. probably will not work.

As for the lamp sockets, Leviton makes them, go to their website and download the catalog, then search for part # 7065 for the entire thing, or 7065-M for the interior only. They are called "Keyless

3-Terminal sockets. These are OEM parts so you may need to contact Leviton for where you can buy them, Google didn't find any sources.

Good luck.

Reply to
Bob Ferapples

I am also trying to find a retail source of the Leviton 7065 Keyless

3-Terminal lampholder.

According to Leviton, the distributors in my area are Graybar and HD Supply. Neither stocks that item. Graybar investigated and told me that they would cost two dollars and change, and that Leviton's minimum order is 500 pieces. Too bad...

If anyone who reads this needs to buy a quantity that approaches 500, and would like to sell the surplus, I'm in (depending on mark-up).

For anyone wanting to use the 7065 lampholder with Leviton's 573 (or

663) the following info. may be of use: In position 1 ("Off") the Blue and the Red leads are shorted together.

That is what allows the switch (in conjunction with the 7065 lampholder) to create either of the following two patterns with a 3-way lightbulb:

- Off -> Low -> Medium -> High -> Off

- Off -> High -> Medium -> Low -> Off The latter pattern, which I prefer, is not available in lampholders that have a built-in switch.

Details on the lampholder and switches are in

G5 and J9, respectively

PJD

Bob Ferapples wrote:

Reply to
PhiDeck

Good news... I found a source of Leviton p/n 7065.

Miller OEM Supply, Phoenix, Arizona http:/

Note that they only carry the polished gilt finish (no brass). Their part number is L7065PG
Despite what you see on their Web site, they do sell retail, albeit with a $40 minimum order.

The bad news is they mark the 7065 up 100%, selling it for $4.50 ea.

You're welcome :-)

PJD

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to