Power transformer or Substation

Dear Gentlemen; I am electrical engineer here in U.A.E. Please give me in detail what are the advantages of 220kV/33kV and 220kV/66kV against 132kV/11kV and

132kV/33kV substations. Send also the physical dimensions of each transformers, the weight, the price and the land area required for each substation. Thank you.

Yours truly, Edwin

Reply to
Edwin

Dear Gentlemen; I am electrical engineer here in U.A.E. Please give me in detail what are the advantages of 220kV/33kV and 220kV/66kV substations against

132kV/11kV and 132kV/33kV substations. Send also the physical dimensions of each transformers, the weight, the cost, substation installation details and the land area required for each substation. Thank you.

Yours truly, Edwin

Reply to
Edwin

Send me a contract and a fat check and we can talk. I get paid to do this kind of work.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

it's just one little substation Charles, it not like he is asking to rebuild the Aswan Dam for free :)

maybe he has a NPO charter and you could get a tax deduction :)

Reply to
TimPerry

Yeah, but he's asking if the primary should be 220kV or 132kV?? What's available? And whether the output should be 33kV, 66kV or 11kV. Again, what is needed? For goodness sakes, the OP claims to be an EE and he doesn't even mention the MVA load rating needed, yet he wants to know "...the physical dimensions of each transformers...".

One can't just say, "220kV is superior to 132kV and should be used in all new installations," or some such rot. Designing the system and specifying the dimensions, price, shipping weights, that *is* what PE's get paid for. They have to find out a lot about the specific needs and whats available. Does it *have* to be less than a certain size or is land footprint negotiable? Underground? the list of requirements goes on, and on.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom