Changing a light switch- need help!!!

I live in an old apartment and am installing a dimmer switch for the dining room- When I pulled the plate off the old light switch I see that there is no existing ground. The new switch I bought from the store obviously comes with a ground. My question- what do I do with the new ground? Should I try to attach it to the back of the switch housing in the wall? Should I clip it off? Is it safe to leave it loose? Should I just cap it?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Reply to
Help Needed

I would just cap it with a small wirenut. If the switch box is metal, it wouldnt hurt to attach it to the box though.

Reply to
Skenny