LIONEL 1026 Transformer power cord replacement

Happy New Year to everyone!

I have a very old Lionel 1026 transformer. The power cord needs to be replaced but I don't see how to take it apart to replace it. Can any one tell me how to open up the transformer to replace the power cord? Or should I just junk it?

Bruce Anderson

Reply to
Bruce Anderson

The 1026 has a bakelite shell. It is held in place by two tabs that snap over the metal frame. The shell is very fragile. However if you aren't a qualified tech with this sort of thing this tranformer is very inexpensive, rather than take a chance, I would just dump it. You can usually find them at shows for about five bucks.

Regards Mike Jones -aka- Three-Railer

Reply to
Three-Railer

Believe they are rated at a mere 25 watts...why not get a brand new Lionel 2885 or thereabouts 40 watt transformer with a MSRP of $50 and most like available for less at many hobby shops.

Ray H.

Reply to
Whodunnit