PVC or not?

I have a run above the garage in an attic that needs conduit. Electrical inspector told me he is fine with PVC in a residential setting. Others online have said it emits poinsonous smoke in a fire. This run will be about 30 feet of 2 inch conduit.

Should I use the pvc or shoudl I use emt and attach that to pvc where it goes outside the building?

Reply to
stryped

Two things to consider: If you combine emt and pvc in the same run then the inspector will be checking to make sure the emt part is correctly grounded. If you run pvc, you will have to consider pvc expansion due to temperature changes. You may need expansion fittings.

RE

Reply to
Ryan Evans