Conduit advice

I am running pvc 2 inch conduit from my house to a detached garage. There is a 90 degree stubb in the concrete of the detached garage but it is angled a little bit off from the ditch and is barely below grade. I can with force attache the pvc run to it. However for about

10 feet of the run then it is above the required 18 inches. Seems I have two options:

1: use this existing sweeping 90 and encase the conduit where it is above 18 inches in concrete.

2: IAbandon this sweep 90 and install an LB on the outside wall. However, this is a metal building with corregated siding, which means the metal is not flat. Also, If I did attempt to install an LB on the flatest part of the metal it will not line up with my 2 inch knock out on my panel.

Does some sort of buriable flexable conduit exist that I could use to attach my conduit run to the existing sweep 90? This is 2 inch pvc conduit.

I appreciate any advice.

Reply to
stryped

Of course it exists. That is comes up out of the ground to attach to my manufactured home. I am sure it is waterproof. I don't know where you would find it new.

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

heat the conduit, its flexible. let it cool, its rigid. Electricians have a regular heating tube just for PVC. I'm VERY careful with a propane torch. Its easy to scorch.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Heat gun, heat pipe, bend to proper angle, let cool. be careful not to kink it. do not over heat it. it will collapse flat.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

I dont have a heat gun. WOuld a hair dryer work?

Reply to
stryped

Only if your hair dryer will set your hair on fire and melt solder.

If not..its too cold by a long long way.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Reply to
RoyJ

They make Non-Metallic Liquidtight Flexible Conduit up to 2" trade size - but there are two problems. It's not cheap like the small sizes because they don't sell as much, and it's only rated for direct burial up to 1" size. You can use it, but I wouldn't suggest it.

I would get some 45 and 22 and 10 degree sweeps and make your conduit dive down at the footing. Then encase in concrete.

And the next time you lay out a footing and stub-out your conduits, you'll remember it when we remind you the rule is 18" minimum below finished grade...

Nah, that's hoping for too much. ;-P

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman