question: eeprom 24c32 ic

I am currently experiementing with data storage on a Microchip PIC 24C32 EEPROM IC. What I want to do is be able to READ the data from it but also somehow lock
the IC from any data being written to it. Is it possible to jump/short maybe the SDA line to Vss (if this would produce the desired results).
Basically I want to hardwire it for read only operations inline and prevent the host device from being able to write to it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
email reply is fine.
Not possible. Since SDA is bidirection tieing it will break communication with the chip. Switch to a different model that has a hard wired write protect. For example the 24LC64 from microchip has a WP pin. TTYL
PS. You should cross post when posting the same identical message to two different groups. By using seperate posts people have to reply to BOTH messages, making it less likely people will reply.

lock
prevent