Any small GPS receiver with built-in data logging?

There are lots of small GPS receivers in the $40 to $80 price range, but are there any that have some built-in memory (or maybe a SD or micro SD
socket) so that they can perform coordinate logging directly to memory for retrieval at a later date?

Sparkfun's Logomatic v2. It's the only fast small logger I know of, and I've been looking for them too. It uses a micro SD card for up to 2 GB and takes 57600 baud and maybe higher.
Note, this is a serial logger, you need to add the GPS module, an ideal being Etek's EB-58 or newer equivalent, as it does 5Hz logging and from what I've seen does better that SiRF 3. (It's MTK).
Trying to find a commercial unit to do what those two things can do might be impossible, and if you did they'd charge you massively because it woult outdo any commercial unit by a wide margin. The two modules are relatively cheap though, and easy to put together, you just need a case and a Li-ion battery with a charge circuit. (I think Logomatic even includes the charge circuit).

I have to add this... I tried two commercial types, and found that both relied on proprietary closed source code to fetch the data from small flash eeprom memory. The required programs were flaky at best, and wouldn't run on W9X at all. Forget these units if you want fast versatile output, and do your parsing direct from NMEA data. This way you're not bound to any specific hardware, OS, or software. So long as you can read the Logomatic's SD card either via USB, or by moving it to a reader, you have data.
Lostgallifreyan wrote:

I'm looking for a single unit that has a battery, a GPS receiver, and a data logger for the coordinates.
I want to track a pet cat for a few hours a day, so speed isin't important.
Something like this I guess:
i-Blue PhotoMate 887 Mini Bluetooth GPS Recorder (WAAS, AGPS, 66 CH MTK2, Auto On/off, 150K Waypoints, Dual USB/Bluetooth)
http://www.buygpsnow.com/i-Blue-PhotoMate-887-Mini-Bluetooth-GPS-Recorder - (WAAS--AGPS--66-CH-MTK2--Auto-Onoff--150K-Waypoints--Dual-USBBluetooth)__1069.aspx
(you'll have to cut and paste the link back together)
Others on this page:
http://www.buygpsnow.com/data-logger_126.aspx

Might look here:
http://www.mr-lee-catcam.de/index.htm
--
David

(WAAS--AGPS--66-CH-MTK2--Auto-Onoff--150K-Waypoints--Dual-USBBluetooth)__1069.aspx
Don't you think Cat will see it in her purse? <G> mk
Self-reply, as method of repost. Message failed to appear on Giganews despite being posted there. It showed up on Easynews, so answering on Easynews might make this show up on Giganews. If not I'll leave it, it's too big to keep hammering it in.

Check out www.magtechinc.net
--
Ralph Weaver

Ralph Weaver