Questions on Single Phase VFD for well pump

Your reply is worth the wait!

No modification. The failed unit had the control box with the capacitor and the current sensing relay.

The replacement unit was just 2-wire.

So you are saying that there is some kind of switch build into the pump that's sitting in the lubricating oil? Do they have a capacitor down there too?

Well, the pump only has a 5 year guarantee. With all that stuff down there waiting to fail I doubt that I will get 30 years of service out of it.

Reply to
John Gilmer

I check our your URLs.

"They" put a lot of stuff down there. I don't know if my model has it, but some of those motors, it seems, will detect if they are jammed with sand and run backwards to try to clear things out!

Simply amazing!

Reply to
John Gilmer