re Honda Portable 240/12v generator

Hi, hoping someone can help.. I have a 3.5 kva electric start portable petrol generator which has not been used for around 3 years.

Motor styarts and runs great, but no generation of any electrical power..

It has been suggested that one should "excite" the armature and another mentions polarizing the armature.....Is there someone out there that can put me on the roght track? regards Ray (Victoria,Australia)

Reply to
ray

as far as i know "polorizing" (or flashing) was for old time DC generators.

check the simple stuff first... open circuit breaker / bad circuit breaker / loose or burnt wires / loose or worn out socket (recepticle).

you you feel like you are in over your head, take it in for "qualified" service.

Reply to
Tim Perry