Re: How deep does conduit need to be buried?

Deeper for under driveways or roadways.

The general rule for buried PVC conduit (RNMC) is 18". If this is a single 120v > 15a or 20a circuit, GFCI protected at the house end it can be 12", even if you > used UF cable. > Local frost heaving problems may make this moot, requiring that you get below > the frost line but I don't know much about that (Florida boy). > You are on the edge of worrying about voltage drop at 120'. I would say that if > you are planning to run 70% or so of the ampacity of the wires you should bump > it up a size. You should really do voltage calcs based on expected load. Then > you can get real numbers. If this is just a convenience outlet for hand tools > and a light in the shed you would be fine with 12ga. on a 20a.
Reply to
Gym Bob