Re: Proper Oscope Care: Leave on, or Turn off?

On 02 Aug 2003 06:41:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.community (BUSHBADEE) Gave us:

> >>just a few minutes. Definately DO turn the intensity control on >>anything with a CRT in it to minimum brightness when you're not using >>it. >> > >That is why most scopes have blanking circuits when there is no input.

That's why OLD CRT based scopes had blanking circuits.

NEW scopes are of the LCD display type in most cases.

Reply to
DarkMatter

What about modern semiconductor based equipment?

Use or not to use EnergyStar shutoff function on my CRT?

Thermal cycling is bad for electronics, but so is heat. Heat leads to early deterioration of electrolytic capacitors, insulation and semiconductors.

Thermal cycling can wreak havoc on solder joints

Which is the lesser of evil?

Reply to
AC/DCdude17