Re: Zyn Transformer Impedance

With reference to the Alstom Protective relays guide. application

With Star/Star transformers Zo = Infinite if any of the neutral points are unearthed.

If both are earthed then you can take Z0 = Z1 as in Dyn transformers.

HTH Euclid

Hi All > >Main Tx: 88/3.3kV Yd1 2MVA 5.71% > >Earthing Tx: Zy 3.3/0.4kV 100kVA 6.55% > Zo = 6.58 Ohm > >The earthing transformer secondary is used to provide auxillary power. I >understand the 6.58 Ohm to refer to the earthing impedance for the 3.3kV >system and the 6.55% to refer to the positive sequence impedance of the >transformer > >We all know that the zero sequence impedance of a Dy transformer can be >considered equal to the positive sequence impedance. What is the zero >sequence impedance of this vector group? Am I correct in assuming that the >2 nameplate values refer to separate issues, namely the earthing impedance >for the 3.3kV system and the positivesequence impedance of the 100kVA >transformer by the normal method? > >I have no problem with the 3.3kV earth fault level but I'm trying to >calculate the earth fault level on the 400V side? > >Thanks > >Andrew >
Reply to
Euclid