protective relaying and instrument transformers...

Hi to all,
I am deeply interested in and dealing with protective relaying subject on MV and HV systems. I am using some reference books on the subject
which covers a wide range of contents and, my observation is most of the sources are lacking handling all the titles in the same density of focus. For instance, the sources I have are not covering the instrument transformer subject widely enough.
Could you please advise me about books/sources on CTs. Of course book suggestions on the whole relaying subject will be also welcomed.
Thanks a lot,
Moris Ciprut
Hello Morris

You are correct. Most books do not cover CTs very well.
The best booklet that I have is "Protective Transformers - Fundamental Principles of Operation" Written by J G Wellings and published by Associated Electrical Industries about 1961. AEI became part of GEC, that then became GEC Alsthom etc so who holds the copyright now is any ones guess. You are probably not going to be able to find a copy.
The second best treatment that I have is the chapter in the book "Protective Relays Application Guide" Published by the English Electric Company Limited. English Electric became part of GEC in the 1960's, but this is a substantial hard backed book that should be available. A quick check on abe books shows that several copies are available, both of the early edition which I have, and the later 1975 edition, but they are expensive.
I hope this helps
John
--
John Rye
Hadleigh IPSWICH England
John Rye wrote:

General Electric has a very old textbook called the "Art and Science of Protective Relaying" scanned into a .pdf file and posted on the Web - check out http://www.gedigitalenergy.com/multilin/notes/artsci/index.htm .
Oddly enough, there's no table of contents, just an index.
Bill Shymanski