Rechargeable batteries for solar

I just bought some solar lights but they don't come with rechargeable batteries. For this application would it be better to buy NiMH or NiCd?

Reply to
wt

What does the manual say? Some chargers will only work with certain battery chemestries.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

For the solar lights at my store, they have built-in NiCd chargers, of course they come with batteries also, but they will only accept those kind of batteries anyhow.

Reply to
Anthony Guzzi

It's only a basic solar light. It doesn't have a properly designed charger (or at I don't think it does). I think during the day, current flows to the batteries and during the night, current flows from batteries to the LED. It's just like any other type of ordinary solar lights you get from hardware stores or stores like kmart.

Reply to
wt