My trusty old APC Smart-UPS SU-1500 is still working fine
generally, only that the C13/C14 output jacks in the back
(made from plastic) have become so brittle as to crumble
under the slightest pressure, so that one cannot
plug in anything anymore.
So I want to try and wire in new sockets. SHould be easy
After I remove the battery, and of course disconnect it
from mains etc, *and* disconnect the battery-connection
plug/socket safety at the back....
Could there still be any dangers (large, slow-dissipation)
capacitors lurking inside that might give me a nasty surprise
(I know camera flashlights are dangerous that way), or should
it be safe after 1-2 days off any power-source?
6 years ago