Replacing Mineral oil Filled Capacitors

We are trying to build a motor-generator set from an old design. This old design asks for 4mfd Mineral oil filled capacitors (440VAC rated).

I can not find Mineral oil filled capacitors anywhere and would like to know whether it is possible to replace these with any more modern equivalents which are more readily available.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Reply to
BH

It should be no problem in principle. Make sure that the capacitor is current as well as voltage rated for its application.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Tavrima might have something that would work...

Reply to
<beard6801

IIRC some motor caps are rated for use starting (short time) and some are rated for run.

bud--

Reply to
Bud--