Running a 170watt fan on same power strip/board as laptop and PC

Hi
I have a double power point/outlet, with two power boards/strips. 220+v? Australia Max 2400watts?
Can I run a cooling/pedestal fan of 170 watts, on the same power strip/board
as a PC and laptop? Will this cause power drain to the hard drives.
I ask this as I was told by an electrician, not to have an air-conditioner on the same power circuit as my PC, or hard drive damage may occur, not to mention running too many watts for the outlet.
(I've actually got one 170watt fan and another 70watt on another power point/outlet.)
So are fans generally safe on the same power strips/boards as PC's. (All things being equal - not trying to use > 2400 watts on that power outlet/point.) and not using far too many peripherals etc. on that strip. I may have to check the power circuits in the house to evaluate which power outlets/points are on the same circuit.
Thanks in advance. I hope you understand my rant fairly easily.
Dave
DaveyK wrote:

No problem. Your fans aren't going to have any detrimental effect, where-ever you plug them in.
Portable ACUs or room heaters are an order of magnitude greater when it comes to electricity demand. Best used either directly plugged into a wall socket or on an (unwound) dedicated extension lead plugged directly into a wall socket.
The tame electrician possibly meant to say not to plug in such high demand units on the same extension lead as your computers. A long extension lead with computers and an ACU plugged in at the end can affect the quality of the supply that the computer sees as the ACU switches on and off.
Even so, I do suggest that you consider buying a UPS for your computer. It will remove most power irregularities - including most of those sent down the power lines from the supplier and other consumers. Just don't plug an ACU into one of its outlets..
--
Sue

Thanks Sue. Much appreciated

Sue, you done did good! Well said!