SCADA software

I've worked extensively with Protool but I've never seen Intouch, WINCC or any other package. With my experience of Protool would I easilly be able to adapt to these packages, indeed is there much difference?

Cheers Guys Bob

Reply to
bob watkinson

I have never used Protool. I have used Iconics, Intelliousion, and WonderWare. Getting use to the key strokes is the hardest part for me.

Reply to
SQLit

Prolool is based on a TP or an OP. You always see a OP or TP on the background, and you can link a function on a button.

WinCC is often based on a PC, and many and many more functions. When you will make a prober program you need a lot of study.

Also you have to make a choise for a program langwitch S7 or PCS7. With PCS7 you heve a very powerfull system. Normaly for bigger machines.

"bob watkinson" schreef in bericht news:cntjm6$27n$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
JVL

I have used Protool Pro & InTouch (wonderware) and I find both of them pretty much the same and very limited.

Try some of the Biejer scada stuff. Very open, very scriptable & cheaper.

Mincer (on a dry run)

Reply to
Mincer