Schematic Symbol I Am Not Familiar With: Anyone Know Perhaps ?

Hello,
Have a forced hot water system for home heating that uses the typical 2 wire Honeywell thermostat to control a Honeywell RA832A switching relay.
The switching relay closes the circuit to the thermopile, as well as closing the 110 V circuit for the water circulator.
There is also a transformer that provides 24 V for the thermostat and the relay.
Question:
Guess I'm dating myself somewhat here, but there is a symbol that I am not familiar with in the instruction sheet for it.
The secondary of the transformer (going to the thermostat) shows what is similar tho the common resistor symbol of 3 points up, and 3 points down from the baseline.
But this symbol has only 1 point up, 1 point down, and then the return to the baseline.
I don't think it is meant to be a resistor.
It is drawn close to the relay contact symbols.
Could it be meant to be the coil for the relay, perhaps ?
Or,... ?
Thanks, Bob
On 9/9/2013 3:31 PM, Bob wrote:

Without seeing it Bob it's difficult to say. Often relay coils are drawn using just a rectangle with a lead at each end. Can you see where the leads go? Is there a diode across the leads?
Tom
Bob wrote:

snip

Sounds more like a valve solenoid coil to me. I see that a lot in my industrial control schematics. Looking at what might be the same schematic yes it is the relay coil for the contacts in the 832.
Doug T
On 09/09/2013 03:31 PM, Bob wrote:

Hello, and just a thought: After reading and understanding (I think) schematics of radios, TVs, and audio components for years, I'm still often confused by the schematic symbols for wiring and electric components as used by the automotive industry. And then there's those "single-point" diagrams used by electric power utilities to denote 3-phase AC power generation and distribution. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

On 13/09/2013 3:24 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:

The utility single line diagrams are simple-the needed information is there. What isn't simple is some of the automotive wiring (including the logic in some cases such as in an old VW van).This is a world of its own.
--
Don Kelly
remove the cross to reply
"Bob" wrote in message
[...]
I is probably a symbol from those damn aliens. They were getting into everything back then!

In many drawings it indicates an unspecified distance. CP
On 15/09/2013 4:50 PM, Pilgrim wrote:

In other words- we have need of some Rosetta Stone where, depending on the language, there is a valid interpretation. The problem is in the recognition of the originating language and the receiving language. If one or the other is unknown we have Babel. Sounds academic/political/advertising-- etc.
--
Don Kelly
remove the cross to reply