Simple computer PSU question

I've got a 500W power supply on my computer. It doesn't really need that much power, so my question is : Am I continuously burning 500W,
or is it more like the 250W my computer really needs?
Thanks -
Bgreen22 used his keyboard to write :

Short answer: NO
There is no problem with having a power supply with a rating higher than is nessesary to run your computer. It will not cause you to use more power, it doesn't matter what size supply you have, your computer will the same power up to the maximum power rating of your supply. It is actually better to have a higher rated supply than one that too low.