Simple (for non-idiots unlike me) problem regarding bathroom fan

Hi, I really wasn't sure where else to post this so apologies if this isn't the usual kinda thing you get here. I've a Panasonic bathroom fan which I need to wire to a regular extension cord, only it has 2 ground wires, one of which is in a position unfamiliar to me on the junction box. Leading rom the capacitor are your 3 regular white, black and green wires, but screwed to the side of the metal junction box is a second ground (green) wire. This isn't attached to anything at the other end. I know what to do with the other 3, I'm just lost as to what I'm mean't to do with this second ground wire. Do I just attach it to the other ground wire and then attach them both, to the ground on the extension cord?

Here's a link to a pic of the junction box, mentioned above -

mojovskij

mojovskij wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Sorry, forgot to add - any help with is is very much appreciated.

Reply to
mojovskij

Very common to ground the metal enclosure. Your picture shows that the ground to the plug is isolated from the can. All green wires in your picture attach to the ground wire.

Reply to
SQLit

"SQLit" wrote in news:rae5f.44$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

Many thanks for you help, SQLit :)