Simple LM340 question

I'm using 6 LM340 (5-volt) regulators with the input voltage driving all of them and the outputs driving seperate loads.

The datasheet specs 0.22uF capacitors on the input; since all the inputs are connected in parallel, does this mean I should use one capacitor of

1.32uF (6 * 0.22uf) ?
Reply to
Peter

The datasheet goes on to say that the input capacitor is not needed at all, if the LM340 is close to the power supply filter.

If there is already a decoupling capacitor across the power rail within

2-3 inches of track from the input pin, no need to add another. If there isn't, add a 0.22uF. That capacitor then also acts as a decoupling capacitor, when considering the need to add a capacitor to other regulators. No need to increase its value.
Reply to
Palindrome