What do I do now????

My bathroom has two outlets and neither work. One is the kind that has to be reset if there's a short circuit. If I push the test button on that one it
should stay in and a red light should come on until I reset it with the other button. The other outlets in the house work like that. But this one - the test doesn't stay in and the light doesn't come on. A breaker for this bathroom (in the box in the garage) won't stay on. I don't see any loose connections when I look at these outlets. I have no money for an electrician - what can I look at? Thanks