one hour timer

Good day

does any one know of a simple hour clock?

I need a pulse ever hour. must run on 3volts

thanks Smiles

Reply to
Smiles

The usual is a 4060:

Alternatively, you could use something like a SY-CR102, together with the minute hand of a watch/clock...

Reply to
Palindrome

How accurately? How much power?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

only have 2 AA or AAA batteries and would like 12 month life

1 hour + or - 2min is ok out put will feed an up/down counter to give a on state at the end of up to give an 8hour delay
Reply to
Smiles

So what is wrong with the two options I gave you? The chip, with an RC clock, or the modified battery clock?

Reply to
Palindrome

I went through this a while ago and I was amazed nobody came up with something that used one of those 5 cent clock chips you get in a Barbie watch.

Being a pump and pulley guy I ended up with an intermatic timer (water heater style) with cams "JB Welded" to the clock shaft. Not pretty but EMF proof. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

If you are suggesting interfacing to the "hours" seven-segment part of the LCD display, that is relatively difficult. I did suggest using a reflective optosensor together with a bit of reflective material on the minute hand..

Know what you mean. KISS works for me, too..

Reply to
Palindrome

I'm sure there are other (possibly better) ways, but a PIC could do this with well under 100uA of current and with way better accuracy than you need. A pair of AAs should last roughly two years at 100uA draw.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont