Solid State Relay vs Power Contactor

I have a Fischer Panda 3 phase 12kw generator in a boat. In order to support large electrical loads - motors on start up - the control box
has 3 additional 40uF capacitors that can be connected to the 3 phase circuit when the voltage 10% drops using a voltage monitoring relay. The wiring diagram shows a standard mechanical contactor being used, switched by the VMR. I am wondering if it might be better to use a Solid State Relay instead of the contactor? SSRs, although still more expensive, seem to be more efficient, react quicker, last longer.
Likewise, am I better using a SSR Reversing Relay to control the motor rather than a trad pair of contactors?
Grateful for any thoughts. TVMIA