Source for 3 Phase Motor?

Hi Guys,
I am looking for a source for 3 Phase Motors 7.5 hp or larger. I am going
to try to build a phase converter to power the metalworking machines in my
garage. I live in Middletown, NJ. I would certainly buy a good used motor
if available. The cost of rotary phase converters is quite high and
shipping is prohibitive even for motors alone. Any help is sincerely
appreciated.
Joe..
Reply to
JB
If oyu are looking to power a 3 phase motor from a single phase supply, then foget it.
You can use a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) to accomplish this but it only works for small motors. On larger motors it becomes inefficient or the control gear becomes very expensive.
A single phase capacitor start and run motor may be the solution.
Reply to
mackeb