ST6210 battery charge controller?

I've been reading an app note found on line about this controller, but I can't find data sheets for the IC itself.

App note:

Can someone point me to the data sheet? Or answer this question: I see it used in a battery controller (indeed, the app note shows how). Does the ST6210 in such a charger application contain custom ROM code (provided by the product designer)? Or is this version of the controller already custom-tailored by SGS-Thomson to the charger application? The app note would have the reader believe that it's ready to plug in, add some supporting components, and power it on.

To support this, the app note goes into great detail about measuring voltage, and the means by which the controller determines the state-of-charge: by the slope of the voltage plot.

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

I could email you a copy of the ST6210 datasheet, but sorry, not to a completely-bogus email address.

Thanks, - Win

(email: use hill_at_rowland-dot-org for now)

Reply to
Winfield Hill

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:58:49 -0700, DaveC wrote (in article ):

I neglected to say that this description is for the ST62E10.

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

The 62E10 is the EPROM version of the 6210, introduced about 15 years ago. ST now has newer versions of these processors. In all cases the customer provides the programs.