Static VAr Compensator

Hi there.I want to design and build a SVC as a small project.The power supply i have is a 230V phase to phase running at 50Hz, I only want to correct up to 0.3PU voltage dips and i dont need any inductive correction.I will probably be using a DSP for the signal measuring, but havent come to that yet. The system has to run a 1.1kW induction machine. I am thinking of using a thyristor switched capacitor bank, it there anyone out there that can help me with this project(anything will help. Thanks in advance

Reply to
kylejustinRSA

in article snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, kylejustinRSA at snipped-for-privacy@tuks.co.za wrote on 4/19/05 10:55 PM:

This sounds like a project that, by state law, should require a PE competent in the field of PF correction.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle

THis is my final year electrical engineering project. I have loads of information but it is all for high voltage. I am struggling to get any help on the low voltage side of things.

Reply to
kylejustinRSA