strange electric current tester screwdriver

What exactly does this electric current tester screwdriver do?
The name is SKYLINK FH-102A 100V-500V.
The usual tester screwdriver has some kind of bulb which lights up,
when the tip is in contact with any current source, and the handle end is in contact with your finger.
This one lights up easily when applied to any metal surface carrying no current, faintly or brightly. Of course, it also lights up when applied to any A.C. electric source.
Anyone with any idea about this electric current tester screwdriver?
Now read this: this Chinese tester also lights up when both ends are in contact with any of your body parts.
The guy who sold me this device told me that it is used also for detecting whether you are dead or not: if it does not light up you are dead.
Susma Rio Sep
remove the urine to answer
continuity test,small button cell in handle,got one myself,load of crap.

He may be talking about something like the Greenlee voltage tester. It does a pretty good job of determining if a wire is hot, through the insulation.
Sorry, Kelly, I didn't answer your query sooner.
There are two tablet battery cells inside, a small solid state electronic rig-up, a neon lamp, and a spring.
It was dirt cheap, in one of those stalls in the market where they sell any three items for a dollar. What attracted me to this gimmick is the way it is displayed in its packaging and its design-construction: like the more expensive Stanley screwdriver electricity presence tester.
No, no literature whatsoever, typical of these Chinese gimmicks, except the labeling inscription: SKYLINK FH-102A 100V-500V.
I am still curious about its exact use.
Susma Rio Sep