synchronous motor to adjust power factor

Can someone give me an opinion on how small a synchronous motor can be used to control power factor and still be practical and cost efficient. I would like numbers in motor hp. Thank your

rq

Reply to
RQ

How big a load to be corrected and how much correction do you want? Without this information one is whistling in the dark.

Example- if your load is 10KW at 0.7 pf lag, then it is drawing 14.3KVA and the reactive would be 10.2KVAR. The synchronous motor at 0 pf lead would have to supply 10.2KVA to bring the overall pf to 1.0. and a motor about

Reply to
Don Kelly