TDMA for trunked use

I have an interesting application - I need to interface 8 channels of analog voice to 12 receivers using minimal wiring. Each receiver selects which voice channel to listen to. For this application a simple trunked system like the phone company used which is putting each channel on the line for a specific time will work. Its a low end TDMA system. This can be done using a microprocessor and analog gates. My question: what switching speed to use? How long does each channel stay on the line? You must bandwidth limit the input based on your switching speed so what is good for voice? I think the phone company used a 3khz low pass filter to roll off the high freq component. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Don

Reply to
dtrustee