wago wall nuts, ideal in-sure connectors

Does anyone have any experience with these alternatives to wire nuts? How is the connection made in these devices? Does a large surface area of copper get connected or do they use a little blade that bites in?

Reply to
wahzoo

A blade that bites in. Pretty good for tight spaces, like some light fixtures. Pretty pricey if I remember correctly.

Reply to
SQLit

I have used them quite a bit in the past. They are great for "slamming" out a job. However, I prefer to twist my wire together before putting the wire nuts on the wire.

Reply to
Brian

do people in the western world really use wire nuts? how rough can you get? they are worse than the old twist and tape method.

Reply to
Limprist

Limprist...more like limp wrist!

Reply to
Brian

A wire nut is far form twist and tape....I have some that are 35 years old with no oxidation in my home...Tape is a joke....current warms the tape...then it unpeels and unravels....and there is no comparison to the force a wire nut puts on a connection compared to tape... Now you got my two cents on the subject.......Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

What do you use if you are not using wire nuts?

Reply to
Me