Wanted: Info on Gas Pipeline in Alaska????

Wanted: Info on Gas Pipeline in Alaska????

Reply to
bb

What kind of info do you want?

There must be several different versions of that particular pipe dream...

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

where exactly is it being built?

who is hiring and where do I apply?

My background is Electronics, Communications a little project management over constuction workers, BSEE degree, AA electronics and Business.

Floyd Davids> bb wrote:

Reply to
bb

Nobody even knows yet that it will ever be built.

(Heh, I didn't call it a "pipe dream" by accident!)

Hmmm... I'm not sure that I can answer that correctly. There no doubt *are* some jobs involved in the various studies and the generation of various proposals. I simply don't have any idea who might be hiring for that kind of work.

Hmmmm... if you are thinking of construction work, that's a long shot still. All that has happened is one little step has been taken to allow a few studies and proposals to go a little farther than they have before. Nobody has a plan, and nobody has a permit. A fair bet, still, is that it may never happen.

You might go to

and see if anything interesting comes up from doing a search on "gas pipeline". They may name some companies, give time frames, etc. etc.

You might be better off, with your background, to look at what is going on with this new anti-missile site at Delta Junction (the old Ft. Greely Army base). I'm not sure where that project is at, but it is much more likely to produce jobs in the immediate future.

Otherwise... check with GCI and AT&T Alascom in Anchorage if you have any interest in working as a Communications Technician on statewide satellite networks. GCI also has cable TV and Internet service in major markets. A word of advice though, is don't think about working for them as an Engineer... 1) it ain't no fun, and

2) it doesn't pay nearly as well. (If that does interest you, send me some email. I'm a retired Alascom knob twister...)
Reply to
Floyd Davidson