agitator's hat is on!

Hi Troops:

For those of us in the USA, a question. Do you think gasoline will get down below $2 a gallon before the election, and what do you think the odds are of it getting back up to $3 a gallon by Christmas??? I know, I know, I'm an awful cynic! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I expect it to go back up after the elections just because I do not trust our government. I rank the current group way less trustworthy than Joe Isuzu.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Indeed...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I just said I expect it. I didn't say I knew how.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I don't know if you're a cynic, Bill. If it walks like a duck.................... It won't make a difference on what the cattle do. They'll just keep chewing the same cud.

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

Hi Bill,

Just come and visit us in the Netherlands,

A Liter of Super Unleaded just went to 1.48 Euro's.

That's 1.88 USD per liter

If I got it right there is 3.79 liters to the gallon.

That will bring us to USD 7.13 per Gallon.

Now that makes drivin' fun!!!!!!

Dennis (who really, REALLY loves to drive around in his 4.0 litre Jeep)

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

Bill, Here in Wisconsin I don't think gasoline will venture below $2/gal because our gas tax is probably too high to allow that. I think gas will steady at and average of about $2.59 a gallon for the rest of the winter. If the auto industry continues to decline, gasoline price will be partially blamed, but the auto giants will wake up and realize that they need to expedite the introduction of more efficient engines and small diesel motors sooner.

Will Ford marry GM? Ford to manage the light & medium duty truck lines, GM to do only cars...and fewer models of them...think about that rumor for moment. Hawkeye

Reply to
Hawkeye

When all their profit eggs are in the SUV basket, that's a choice MANAGEMENT made. Now folks aren't so hip to keeping up with the Jones' at $120/fill-up.

Turbodiesel motors work very well in passenger autos, if the current technology is used.

Oh, great - two bloated, quality-challenged behemoths marry to produce cars nobody wants.

America needs an automaker start-up. LOL - anyone got $5billion as venture capital?

As to the original question, I don't see much change - maybe a little lower than now, but not back up until spring. Doesn't matter to me - my cars get decent fuel economy.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

saw $1.99 in il. not in ca!

If I may make a comment from Europe, you shouldn't worry about the price, you should worry about what to do when it runs out; AND IT WILL. Our grandchildren will be asking why we were so profligate, when we knew it was a finite and irreplaceable resource. Eh bien, as we say in England... N

Reply to
Nigel Cheffers-Heard

Locust Grove, VA has regular for 1.74.

Reply to
thelaws

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

1) Maybe, depending on where you are. 2) Dead certain. On 8 November.

cd

Reply to
Carl Dershem

No, I was predicting $3 to $3.25 for 87 octane and that was pretty close. $3.10 at the BP station down on the road on July 28. After that it began to drop.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I don't think it is as much the world oil market as the oil companies simply charging what they think the market will bear. I travel consistently between Baltimore and Winchester, VA, and the price of a gallon of regular is consistently $.30 to $.35 a gallon cheaper down in Winchester. It can't be cheaper to ship gasoline down into the hills of Western Virginia than right to a seaport like Baltimore. Second thing, The consistently obscene quarterly record profits being posted by the oil companies. It ain't all the arabs doing by any means.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Nah! That would make too much sense!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

As I noted in another post, I travel consistently between Baltimore and Winchester, VA. A gallon of regular is consistently $.30 to $.35 a gallon cheaper in Winchester than in Baltimore. A friend says it is the lower Virginia taxes. Are your gasoline taxes really that much lower?? I'll be down in Winchester this weekend for the North-South Skirmish Association Nationals and I bet gas will be about $1.89 to $1.99 a gallon for regular.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

You and Captain Picard! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Bear in mind you've got WV, VA, and MD state taxes to acct for in the aforementioned scenario. In NC, state law (possibly a Fed law) mandates that the Fed and state fuel surcharges be printed on the pump.

To the original point - no, I will not be at all shocked to see gas prices climb after the election. Do I read anything into it? I sure do - autumn is here and winter is just around the corner and fuel supplies will dip. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I think you'll see more cooperation between the two but the brand market is probably going to be problematic in some respects of an all out consolidation. For instance, the new style Ford Mustang is a good seller for Ford from what I understand. Hard to imagine that one with a bowtie on the hood.

If that day ever does comes to pass, I guarantee you I'll buy a Toyota!

WmB

Reply to
WmB

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

I'll bet that it's a lot cheaper to own and operate a gas station in Winchester, VA than Baltimore, MD. Of course it's a lot more expensive in the rest of the world. Is that a GW Bush conspiracy, too?

Obscene profits? Exactly how many gallons of gas do you think they sell? If they have a fixed margin of 5%. Someone actually know the real numbers so as to make the accusation seem plausible?

As to why the price went up, did anyone notice a little war in the Mideast, that one of the chief exporters is trying to make nuclear weapons, that the Islamofacists keep blowing up Iraq's facilities to keep the flow of oil from that country at nil and that one of the major pipelines in Alaska was closed for major repair.

Oil prices are set by the brokers. Thet are notoriously squirrelly and tend to react to world events.

Conspiracy? Yeah right along with the black UN helicopters and the Soviet tanks being secretly brought in to the US for nefarious purposes.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost