agitator's hat is on!

I'm sure there was a time a century in arears when the planet elders were concerned for the future generations' coal and iron supply - and before them the planet elders were concerned for future generations' supply of wood.

Given what we know about the rate of techological advance (past and present), there's a damn good chance petroleum based products will take their place among other former primary natural resource.

I'm betting on sand and seawater becoming precious commodities in the distant future - I of course wont be around to be proven either right or wrong. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

As a Ford owner I find that idea repugnant. After that !@#$%^&*+~! Sunbird and my few acquaintances since with GM vehicles I might have to go VW or something. Not that I care all that much for anything new on the road except for the Mustang. Notice how we don't see much of Col. Klink pushing DC on TV anymore?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Fill'er up whilst you're there!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

A most cogent statement. We 'should' be investing in developing a new source of power. I just don't know if we are or if we're serious enough.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Dennis, if you asked most Americans, they would tell you that they don't give a rat's ass how much the pertol costs in Europe.

They want theirs CHEAP! Like it always was.

When it was under $2.00 in US, it was still way more expensive in Europe. Besides, taxes account for a big chunk of the price in Europe. The tax structure is different.

So comparing petrol prices in EU and US is not very productive.

And it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that somebody is getting rich (not the end user).

If you figure out the percentage of price increase of a barrel of oil vs. a gallon of gasoline, price of gasoline/gal. has increased more than the privce of a barrel of oil. It is not the service station owners who are getting rich. It is the distributors and the petroleum companies who are making a killin'.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Are they having the live cannon shoot ?? If so...... I might just have to make it then :)

Reply to
AM

Huh?

Reply to
Ron Smith

Oddly enough, prices at the pump went into freefall withn days of the BP pipeline closure in Alaska. That's a tough one to figure out.

Tom

Gray Ghost wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

Cannon is Saturday afternoon. That said, the weather man is not promising good weather.

Bill Shuey 1st Ma>

Reply to
William H. Shuey

As a follow up to this point, it was announced last week that the largest coal mine in Maryland is about to shut down, the vein has run out! Portent of things to come??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I keep seeing a TV commercial with a little girl that states there is enough coal in the US ground to last hundreds of years.

Reply to
Willshak

DC=Daimler Chrysler; Col. Klink=Dr.Z OK, so he doesn't wear a monocle.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reply to
Ron Smith

Well I watch the Redskins but that's it for sports unless Olympic hockey is on. For the sake of peace I watch a couple primetime shows with the wife......House, CSI, Scrubs, Law & Order. Other than that snippets of news and Leno.

Do you know why there are no bookmarks in Congress?

They like their pages bent over!

Reply to
Ron Smith

Hmm, I haven't seen him for at least a month. Of course, I don't watch football and primetime, especially this year, isn't worth wasting much time on. Friday night is an especial trash heap. I used to watch the comedies on the WB but this CW thing has two hours of (expletives deleted)!

Bil Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Let me go on record to add my name to the list of anyone that thinks those Dr Z ads are the lamest crap to come out of car country this side of Bill Ford's safety concerns ads.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

TV Commercial? Ah, an unimpeachably independent source of information!

:)

Actually, there is a vast amount of coal underground here in UK, but since Thatcher took her personal beef with the miners to the lengths of closing the mines, it is now no longer economically viable to reopen them. Result: lots of inaccessible coal. Great.

Nigel Cheffers-Heard

How is that different from how any other business sets its prices?

What's obscene about them? Please be specific.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"Experts estimate that the United States has about 265 billion tons of coal reserves. If we continue to use coal at the same rate as we do today, we will have enough coal to last 285 years. This vast amount of coal makes the United States the world leader in known coal reserves."

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Let the Arabs worry about that. Other oil-producing countries and the rest of the world will have moved on to something else by then, and all they'll have left is lots of worthless sand. With nothing to show for the oil wealth they once had...

Reply to
Al Superczynski