What size electrical junction box fits a 1-inch diameter cable anyway?

On Wed, 22 May 2013 16:49:03 +0800, Rheilly Phoull wrote:

Two points to consider: 1. The answer is easy only when you already know the answer. 2. The rebuilder apparently put in the wrong bearings then.
The rebuilder, for $150, put in 6203D bearings, even though the manufacturer seems to specify 6203-2RS, the difference between a seal and a shield being great (one is a contact surface, the other isn't, which is a big deal for a bearing when things spin for hours every day):

But, now that I know the 6203D is the wrong bearing, and that the 6203-2RS is the right bearing, I do agree. The answer is now simple (now that I know the answer).
It's no longer technical. It's just a part number now.
On 23/05/13 17:37, Danny D wrote:

You are right of course about knowing the answer, the comment was made as friendly advise. It is common for people new to a task to get too technical and ignore common sense or reasoning. Anyway whatever, you are on the way to the knowing part :-)
On Fri, 24 May 2013 10:03:13 +0800, Rheilly Phoull wrote:

Thanks for that friendly advice.
The problem is compounded by the lack of details in the part number.
For example, I can get "buna" rubber O-240 o-rings for 50 cents each: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Or, I can pay $16 (on special!) for that o-ring at the pool supply store: http://www.lesliespool.com/Specials/pool-parts/90002/9000006/58086.html
The problem is in knowledge.
For example, is the sixteen-dollar o-ring made out of the same buna rubber material as the fifty-cent o-ring?
I don't know. Do you? How can we tell?
Note: If we already know the material is the same, then it's not a technical problem; but if we don't know the material - one has to wonder whether you get what you pay for. That is, is a sixteen dollar o-ring the same material as a fifty-cent o-ring?
There's where it gets technical.

http://www.lesliespool.com/Specials/pool-parts/90002/9000006/58086.html

That $16 O-ring represents the cost of the supply chain.
If you want to educate yourself to reasonable level about O-rings & O- ring material apps,' go to McMaster Carr catalog and search on O-rings.
If you REALLY want to learn about O-rings
http://www.parker.com/literature/ORD%205700%20Parker_O-Ring_Handbook.pdf
On 25/05/13 14:31, Danny D wrote:

Considering the duty go for the cheaper part, many of the pool shops will gouge your eyes out on parts that are quite often the same as those available elsewhere cheaply.