Who buys ideas?

I have an idea for an electrical device.
It would have to be able to fit into a standard single gang outlet to be practical. This would allow it to replace the current device. I
don't know if this requirement could be met as of yet.
It is a very simple idea that has not been used so far.
I have no idea how to go about making one or how much it would cost. Could just the idea be worth much? How could I find out and still be able to prevent someone else from using the idea?
just tell us what it is. I'm sure someone in this group could advise you. Of course, it goes without saying, everything on this group is shared only between ourselves and is held strictly in confidence.

On 1/23/07 6:04 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Danny"

And if you believe that, I have some Nigerian treasure for sale or trade.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

I know one successful inventor. After being ripped off twice he took his third idea to market himself. He was still knocked off eventually but he had enough market penetration by then that he was still making money. Thomas Edison proved a century ago, it is not he guy who invents wonderful things who gets rich. it is the guy who brings it to market.