Why NiCads over NiMHs?

That was a couple of very large dogs and not doors ;-)

My house is on a private road with just a few other houses they would have to pass to get to my house so not to many people come down the road.

There is an emergency exit down a staircase, to the street below when the driveway is snowed in but that is not to convient for Burglars to haul away much.

The dogs start barking when some one is halfway down the drive way. We are the last on the private road and the neighbors are about 150 feet further up the drive way. Terrible drive way, part of it is a 30% slope and it can be a bitch to get up even in the summer with a shift equiped car. The engine starts going slow and they stall out.

Reply to
bushbadee

That doesn't necessarily give you protection against the bad guys.

Basically, once the bad guy makes it to your driveway and finds out your aren't home, he's free to do what he wants. If you are home, he will give you a "I was looking for another place line" and, if he's smart, never come by again because you can now ID him.

Reply to
John Gilmer

No, but the "big doors" give him a little buffer. ;-)

If he's smart he'll find another line of business. Burgularies aren't alll that profitable and can be rather dangerous. "Big doors" are only one danger. Big .357s are another.

Reply to
keith

I *was* wondering. "Big doors" don't have the "teeth" necessary to stop the bad guys. ;-)

Reply to
keith

Do you think my three dogs in the house will buy that line. ;-)

One is a very loud barker and the other two are real big and nasty to strangers who come unannounced. My neighbors do respond to the barking dogs. They come out and bark on the front porch and can be heard throughout the neighborhood.

And that is before any one gets into the house.

Reply to
bushbadee

Yea big doors ;-) ;-)

The big doors are oversized English Sheep dogs and they will easily take on a big wolf.

Before I had 3 great pyraness doors and they are as large as a small pony. But they have passed away.

Reply to
bushbadee

It's not the teeth some one has to worry about, it's the 1and 1/2 inch fangs on the curs The dogs are oversized and out of standard.

Have you ever seen the two fangs on a sheep dog. Wicked. They do not have to bite you to send you to the hospital If they scratch you, you had better get a tetnus shot.

Some woman thought they were so cute that she stuck her hand in the window of my car to pet one of them and almost had her hand taken off.

Reply to
bushbadee