12V Trains

Hello,

Between 1983 (when I was 8) and 1989 I collected heaps of 12V Train sets and accessories but when it was deemed I was too old for Lego on my 14th birthday it all went into the attic and forgotten about! (It all started with set 7740...) Now I have a daughter who absolutely adores trains I have managed to find most of it again and incredibly it still works! I have even found ideas book 7777. The only problem is that the rubber that goes round the wheels on the motors (to give grip I assume) has more or less perished - they have gone very hard and break up on touching. Would wide elastic bands work as well?

I know that Lego stopped supporting 12V train sets way back in 1991 (or so) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could still get the odd supply fot 12V train sets.

Thanks Phillip. snipped-for-privacy@ds.co.uk

Reply to
Phillip Darlington

I think you best start on sites like

(inventory)
(which sets you have)
(to order individual parts)

Greetings, Michiel

Reply to
Michiel Hesselink

Hello Phillip,

A great place to get answers for questions such as this is

This site even has a LEGO trains section devoted to such questions as you have raised. It is possible to still buy rubber wheel sets from sites such as
and
but I seem to remember reading about an easily obtained alternative source. I believe someone had been successful in buying a commonly available rubber tube and cutting rings or donuts of the proper length. There are also some other LEGO train resources on the web, so don't hesitate to perform some web searches and see what you can find.

Here are a few other sites that discuss LEGO trains:

(not in English, but a great source of ideas)
There are many other web sites that talk about LEGO trains.

Good luck,

- John Eric

Reply to
John Eric Voltin