hello!

I just found this group and I have been doing hot work for a little while now and I hope that I will be able to contribute something
usefull from time to time.
Thank you!!
JPH

Cool. :) Glad you found us.
Alvin in AZ (not a blacksmith)
ya very cool i'm the greenhorn with a bazillion questions... i know i've worried some of these guys to death, (forger, charley, greyangel to name a few... lol) the more willing knowledge available the better
by the way my name is Paul i can't find where to get this blasted thing to show anything other than ME!!! lol

ok ok i found it
Paul

I was never really worried, just hopefull that I might be mentioned in yer will :)
lol you got it buddy ... but the sad part is it would cost more to send it to you than i'm worth... lol
signed, Poor O. Boy

greyangel

Whatchamakin?
GA
Greyangel wrote:

GA: I make pretty much what I want to. I am old and set in my ways so sometimes getting me to WANT to make a certain thing isn't all that easy.
JPH
(snip)

Hey there, long time no see! Glad to see you here. Btw, I got married about 3 months ago. Should have the forge set up again at the new place in a month or two. Still getting settled.             Todd
Todd Rich wrote:

married
place
Todd:
Yeah..my NG duties overeseas are fulfilled (well until the DoD changes their minds AGAIN)and now I am back to the usual hours for Uncle Sugar. Good to be home. I am so &*&#$%!!@ behind it's not funny. Well anyway...It is good to finally be "back" more or less..
JPH
On 9 Dec 2004 09:44:49 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Welcome home and I hope you can stay home. I look forward to reading your posts.
Bob
Bob: I dunno if my posts will be any good to anyone or not..what I do is very limited...But I will try to write something helpfull...
JPH
(snip)

A friend of mine is active duty Army. He was told in June that they would tell him where they are going to transfer him in 90 days. He still doesn't know.

Yeah, I know how that goes. Well, I've got until Wednesday until I find out if I get to keep enameling. (Tests for cadmium, barium, lead, arsenic, antimony, and tin come back then) Good luck on being able to spend time at home and in the shop.             Todd
Todd Rich wrote:

Get yourself a 'Moon Suit' dude. Deduct it as a tooling expense, it's safety equipment.
Charly
(snip)

As per my other post, it looks like I'm golden. I've been following the safety procedures recommened by the experts in the field. My main problem was skipping my heavy metals screening for a few years.                 Todd
" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

At last, a real expert for everyone to pick brain on. Long time no videe. Still making swords? I'm exploring custom bikes meself, better cash flow. Don't let the Big Toe in the Sand routine fool y'all, this guy's written Books.
Cover's blown Atar, you're in for it now.
HL Charly the Bastard the Last Dworf in Ansteorra Head Metal Forger In Charge, Dwarven Metals

J.P.H.? Written books? AKA DrH? :)
Alvin in AZ
snipped-for-privacy@XX.com Spaketh Thusly:

Been a long time Dr. H! We've missed you on r.k
-- Bill H. [my "reply to" address is real] www.necka.net Molon Labe!
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 03:10:54 GMT, Charly the Bastard

No way! I'm speechless! And I want my books autographed :)
:-) So I take it we're talking about THE Atar? With the other name I can't pronounce? Those books are at the very top of my likely to buy next list (after tools of course).
GA