hello!

I just found this group and I have been doing hot work for a little while now and I hope that I will be able to contribute something usefull from time to time.

Thank you!!

JPH

Reply to
atarbaktar

Cool. :) Glad you found us.

Alvin in AZ (not a blacksmith)

Reply to
alvinj

ya very cool i'm the greenhorn with a bazillion questions... i know i've worried some of these guys to death, (forger, charley, greyangel to name a few... lol) the more willing knowledge available the better

by the way my name is Paul i can't find where to get this blasted thing to show anything other than ME!!! lol

Reply to
me

ok ok i found it

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Whatchamakin?

GA

Reply to
Greyangel

I was never really worried, just hopefull that I might be mentioned in yer will :)

Reply to
Forger

GA: I make pretty much what I want to. I am old and set in my ways so sometimes getting me to WANT to make a certain thing isn't all that easy.

JPH

Reply to
atarbaktar

(snip)

Hey there, long time no see! Glad to see you here. Btw, I got married about 3 months ago. Should have the forge set up again at the new place in a month or two. Still getting settled. Todd

Reply to
Todd Rich

married

Todd:

Yeah..my NG duties overeseas are fulfilled (well until the DoD changes their minds AGAIN)and now I am back to the usual hours for Uncle Sugar. Good to be home. I am so &*&#$%!!@ behind it's not funny. Well anyway...It is good to finally be "back" more or less..

JPH

Reply to
atarbaktar

lol you got it buddy ... but the sad part is it would cost more to send it to you than i'm worth... lol

signed, Poor O. Boy

Reply to
Paul

Welcome home and I hope you can stay home. I look forward to reading your posts.

Bob

Reply to
Forger

Bob: I dunno if my posts will be any good to anyone or not..what I do is very limited...But I will try to write something helpfull...

JPH

Reply to
atarbaktar

At last, a real expert for everyone to pick brain on. Long time no videe. Still making swords? I'm exploring custom bikes meself, better cash flow. Don't let the Big Toe in the Sand routine fool y'all, this guy's written Books.

Cover's blown Atar, you're in for it now.

HL Charly the Bastard the Last Dworf in Ansteorra Head Metal Forger In Charge, Dwarven Metals

Reply to
Charly the Bastard

J.P.H.? Written books? AKA DrH? :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

No way! I'm speechless! And I want my books autographed :)

Reply to
Forger

:-) So I take it we're talking about THE Atar? With the other name I can't pronounce? Those books are at the very top of my likely to buy next list (after tools of course).

GA

Reply to
Greyangel

Two of his books and a video were among the best tools I ever bought. (and of course a Burr King)

Reply to
Forger

The odder or farther into your hobby or work, the more you need a newsgroup to talk to others about it. :)

Kris-soo-las (the H is supposed to be a K) (he said so on r.k about 10 years ago;)

With knowledge, the tool choices might be more thrifty? ;)

I have the first three, how many are there?

Atar is quoted on page ix of The Master Bladesmith ;)

Alvin Johnston

Reply to
alvinj

Once the usual stuff is covered you got to have other heads to bounce things around and spark more ideas.

Permit me to be facetious as a literary license ;)

Undoubtedly. But not nearly as much fun. Some of my favorite tools have been the ones that didn't work for me when I got them. Same with some of the books too.

Reply to
Greyangel

Geeze..No need to get riled up..I am just a guy who wrote a few books..sheesh!! But THANK YOU for the warm welcome.

Anyway back to work for me..

JPH

Reply to
atarbaktar