hello!

Mi Lai? Heaven forfend! The Truth is sooooo much more fun. All these things are the Bhob's Truth. I had one customer call me in the night and tell me in a rather shaky voice that his sword was talking to him. I reassured him that this was normal for a magic sword. He sounded quite relieved to hear this. Words of comfort cost you nothing to hand out. Another customer swears he can read in his tent by the light his sword gives off, and since that one was a Knighting gift, I don't doubt it.There is truth in all those tales of ancient smiths and Weapons of Worth. It's not that hard, 'just sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar... with feeling.' We put some of ourselves into the steel with every stroke of the hammer; blood and sweat and Will. Why should it be so strange that the steel responds to this treatment? My swords have a service life measured in centuries with care, a bit of immortality that. Perhaps, after I'm gone to worm food, my spirit will look down from the Weapons Room in Valhol and see the Deeds that my work accomplishes for Good or Ill. Maybe one day in the far future, one of my blades will end up under glass in a museum, like the weapons of olde. That would make it worth all the effort. Make with the heart as well as the head, you might be surprized with the result.

Charly

Reply to
Charly the Bastard

life measured

I have to say, after having read that, you are 100% full of that feeling I used to have when I made damascus swords. There really is something magical about it. That might be this underlying drive I have now to get my new shop up and running. I think I actually forgot that feeling of swinging a sword, feeling it flex, cutting. Been so busy thinking of getting my shop up to make money on knives I forgot there is a passion that started me down this road in the first place that I think alot of people wouldnt understand. Thanx bastard :)

Forger

Reply to
Forger

shaky voice

nothing to hand

it the next

life measured

worm food,

blades will end

the result.

Merry Christmass from Elliot and the General and Steeltooth Ironbiter and the Ballerina and all the 'little folk' in the toolbin and the sleepers in the stock stack. Bhob Bless us, every one.

Reply to
Charly the Bastard

(snip)

Following up for anybody who cares. The cadmium retest was normal/very low levels. Nice bruise from the phlebotamist though. Todd

Reply to
Todd Rich