BayLUG to Show at Sacramento LEGO Tour Stop

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark snipped-for-privacy@telis.org

408.605.5412 (cell)

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) and the Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) are pleased to announce that we have accepted an invitation from The LEGO Company to participate in the "What Will You Make, Americas?" 2003 Roadshow. This Roadshow centers around the company's core values by promoting open-ended play and creativity via LEGO's new Designer product line. Unlike LEGO truck tours of the past, the majority of this show will be hands-on. A festival-in-the-park atmosphere will contain numerous play areas. Kids will have the opportunity to interact with adult LEGO fans and LEGO master builders alike.

LEGO Train Clubs and LEGO Users Groups from the select cities will be working with The LEGO Company to make this event a success. LEGO has designated a "Community Area" for clubs to display models of their own choosing to enhance the experience for the guests. Having fan participation at this level helps send the message to people attending that you really can build anything with LEGO bricks!

BayLUG/BayLTC will be displaying at the Sacramento, CA stop of the roadshow. Our display will be approximately 10'x10'. This will include a train layout with downtown, running monorail lines, static displays such as space ships and sculptures, and a portion of our San Francisco Waterfront Project.

This family event is free of charge.

When: October 10-12, 2003

Where: The Sacramento Museum of History, Science, Space & Technology

3615 Auburn Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95821

Event hours: Friday 3pm-7pm Saturday 11am-5pm Sunday 12pm-5pm

Web sites for more information:

-- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club Representative, ILTCO Member, MAALFD: Paradise City Fire Dept.

39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Reply to
Russell Clark