? about flying with your tools.

I'll be taking a couple of different classes in a couple of months and will be flying. My question is has anyone been given any trouble trying to get on a plane with your tools. The class I'm taking gives me the tools at the end and although I have all the proper I.D. and credentials I wonder if it might be easier shipping the tools home. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jimmy F.

Either that or put them in your checked luggage. I've checked stuff that I couldn't carry-on and had no trouble. Remember that you can even have firearms in checked luggage (there is a procedure to follow - but it is allowed.)

But don't trust info you find on the net - talk to the airline! (Or check their web site.)

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

In your checked baggage about the only thing I think you might have trouble with is bottles of compressed gas, so unless your tools include this it should be no problem.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

you are not allowed hand tools in your carry on bag. but i have hand carried borescopes on the plane. If any of your tools are fragile I would try to hand carry them,and remember they guy at the security does not allow them you can speak with his supervisor. with that said arrive early and have a backup suitcase in case they wont let you carry them on you can check them.

Reply to
todd

Never had any problem with tools, but I did get an "inquisitive" look once when I won a elec safe comb lock at one of the conventions. I explained what it was and the guy just waived me through.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML