Code Question-Not looking for PW....

I have an HPC Code book for General Motors. The book shows the code series 8000-8249 Vehicle years 1935 to 66-1/2 On the first page,a number "OJ22" is shown below the picture. The picture looks like a standard 6-cut GM key(primary). Could someone tell me what ILCO number would correspond with this?

TIA, goma.

Reply to
goma865

The blank for the 8000-8249 series would be H1098LA (B10) square head or O1098LA (B11) round head.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

BTW, same keyway for BOTH...

square head was cut for the ign, and the round head cut for the trunk, so you could 'tell them apart.. and there are 2 different codes for those vehicles, usually ign is 1, and the glove trunk the other

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

picture.

with this?

what Roger and Shiva said. however, wouldn't stock too many blanks. your probably not going get many calls for vehicle years

1935 to 66-1/2

g'day

Reply to
Key

I DO work on 'old cars' and for some, get locks sent in across country... I 'might' use 3-4 blanks a YEAR for that particular need... 10 of each is VERY sufficient stock, for my needs.. YMMV, DEPENDING on the number and how much you make friends with, the OLD Chevy car clubs around you

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

What was interesting, is that the B-10 and B-11 are the same groove pattern on the side, they are interchangable except for the bow shape.

Six spaces, four depths. If memory serves, the locks are all sidebar, except the glovebox which has ordinary wafers. I think many or most of them were dash mount ignition switches, which can be a challenge to remove. If you don't have a key to work with.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ahh but a SMALL 'rotary pick' in a special place works WONDERS... saves the lock too

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Oh, I've got a few.Just wanted to make sure it was the right one because it is not shown on the front page.

There are some rod shows around here during summer-LOL

Thanks, goma.

Reply to
goma865