Goma

I tried by 3 means of cleaning those old Honda blanks.. no go.. they were CORRODED HARD..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

An old timer once told me that you can clean keyblanks with lemon juice, someone else told me viniger...???? Wayne

Reply to
wayne c

tried tumbling in walnut media.. also polishing media.. also tried 2 different chemical means.. 1 works REAL quick..

go to a gun place that sells reloading supplies and got a pint of (I can get the brand name if anyone is interested) liquid, you dilute with water, immerse the keys and in seconds they are nice shiny brass AGAIN.. rinse off with hot water and let dry.. THAT wouldn't even touch these..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Muriatic Acid? Phosphoric Acid? Hydrochloric Acid? Perhaps a delimer of some type?

Years ago, when I worked at a HUGE apartment complex, There was one guy in the warehouse who took care of all the drip pans from the stoves in the apts. He did mix something with water, then dip these things for just a few minutes and -pow!-clean and shiny as factory. Of course he was the only one told to do it and I was told leave him and his "stuff" alone.LOL

That's okay-I would'nt want them that corroded. goma.

Reply to
goma865

Birchwood Casey Brass Cartridge Cleaner. A liquid, you mix it up with some water, soak the cases for a while, and . . . clean and bright again.

Reply to
Pumper Hinkle

THATS IT!!!... worked great on a lot of the old ones I got..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

To clean and polish corroded blanks, why not try tumbling them in walnut shells?

Reply to
Bill Halle

did, two different grits.. polishing media.. with red rouge imbedded,

glass bead.

chemical..

none worked..

for SOME tho, the chemical worked in 5 seconds.. for some newer ones, the walnut media worked great..better than the chemical..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Cause it's too hard to get a key blank into a walnut shell. D'uh.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

you DO KNOW that walnut shells make great sand blast/tumbling medium, dont you? you can buy it by the bag.. up to 50# bags IIRR.. different 'grits' depending on the job needed..

and a real funny, sorta off topic for this group is baking soda is the choice, to sand blast a car body to clean it up for paint, etc.. does not heat the panels up and warp them like sand does.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

That's what I woulda guessed, you can get em ground up. Funny moment, had to say something a bit absurd.

I quit using fluoride tooth paste, changed to baking soda. My hygenist raved how great my teeth looked. When I told her I'd switched to baking soda, she and the dentist both tried to get me to go back to fluoride. Guess they get paid by the cavity?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I would still use the fluoride toothpaste. It is OK to use baking soda, but what the fluoride does is to penetrate the enamel of the tooth and prevent decay from starting.

So why not brush with the soda, then if you really want pearly whites use peroxide as a rinse, then brush a second time with the fluoride.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I'm not convinced that fluoride is a good thing. Netsearch "fluoride decepetion" and you can get the same data I did.

Not used fluoride in a year, now. And I've got no reason to go back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

seems its a by product of a certain manufacturing process.. and they 'created a use' for it, so they could make more money.. and IIRR, there is another 'type' of it, that is a LOT safer instead of wahts used..

makes GREAT rat poision, which is what it was first designed to be tho..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Well the scoop on fluoride is that in some places it occurs naturally in the water, and it was noticed that kids in those areas had a full set of teeth in there high school year books, but in areas that had none, the kids teeth were decaying and discoloring.

Fluoride in the water, fluoride toothpaste and fluoride treatments at the dentist all help keep your pearly whites.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf