saw a funny

was at a local independent garage couple days back..

pin up an 02 Malibu ign lock for them..

now, I know 2 GM mechanics that can have one of these out, without any fancy removal kit like we use in the tradet, in about

10 minutes..as long as the lock turns..

So, how did this 'mechanic' take the lock out?

lower dash cover, AC/heat control, radio, the ENTIRE instrument cluster, plus some more pieces..plus pulled the steering wheel.. he sorta bragged he got to the lock housing in about 2 hours time.. I figured about an hour or more to reassemble.. 3 hours the customer gets stuck with, for a 10 minute remove and install and the program time..

oh well..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

good one :-)

Reply to
Key

Did you show him how to do it for next time?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

to me there are 2 types of places and people.. those that want to improve, and get better at ther skills, and those that got the mule set, I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING..

Unfortunately this is the latter. someone at a dealership, about

40 miles away- a 'friend of theirs' said this is how you must do it.

and I dont know anything..cause they was told different.

Should have seen what they did to a Mercedes lock one time.. --Shiva--

Reply to
me

Not a good idea to "show em how to do it". better to suggest "call me".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
<snipped to save sig>

That congress has no power?

I know at least one long-term Senator (that is still serving) that a number of years ago claimed that one reason people should support his Balanced Budget Amendment bill was that his bill required a three-fifths majority to raise taxes while the other party's bill only required a two-thirds majority. This was a major point that he harped on again and again. He went around the country on the local talk-show circuit touting his bill and when he came through here I called in and asked him if I was hearing him correctly and he confirmed that I was. I asked him why his bill would make it harder to raise taxes and he emphasized that it was much harder to get a three-fifths majority that to get a two-thirds majority. When I pointed out that three-fifths was 60% while two-thirds was basically 67%, he just muttered and finally said, "Well, the point is that my bill would make it hard to raise taxes."

Clearly this said something about his math skills. But what did it say for the math skills of his staff, his opponents, the talk-show hosts, and the audiences in all of the cities that he had already been to that it lasted as long as it did? A bit scary.

Reply to
William L. Bahn

As the saying goes in the Capitol, a billion here, a billion there and pretty soon you are talking real money.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I see his mistake right away- he should have removed the engine mounts first by cutting them with a torch.

Reply to
Bill Halle

Oh, all right.

The fellow is Sen Wayne Allard (R-CO)

The bill he was championing: S.J.R 1 (introduced 21 Jan 97 in the Senate by Sen Hatch (R-UT)

This bill almost made it out of the senate on 04 Mar 97 with a

66-34 vote (just one short needed of the two-thirds required for a constitutional amendment).

I haven't tracked down the specific bill that he was going up against at the time - there was a big flurry of balanced budget proposals and/or talk about proposals at the time and what the concern was (which very possibly proved to be the case when all was said and done) was that there were too many versions of things floating around and that people would only support their favorite version and hence no single version would be able to garner the required super-majority. . I think that the bill (probably just talk of a bill, given the dates involved) that he was downplaying was:

H.R. 3091 (introduced 27 Jan 98 in the house by Rep Robert Andrews (D-NJ)

should

other

Reply to
William L. Bahn