Greenwald Industries

Hi I ran into a moneybox lock made by Greenwald Industries that is shaped like a half a moon. What type of lock is this ?

Reply to
Luv

Abloy

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

AND a very secure thing too --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

So what is a Greenwald UltraGuard lock ? Here is a link to the lock I am wondering about:

Luv

The lock described on the first link is for the coin collection box on light-duty commercial laundry machines, most commonly found in apartment complexes, school dormitories, etc...

From the Greenwald Industries website: =] When ordering, ask for part number: =] 8-1210-0 Tubular =] 8-1210-28 Cobra =] 8-1210-25 Abloy =] 8-1210-42 Sentinel II =] 8-1210-9 Duo =] 8-1210-11 Rampart =] 8-1210-10 Medeco

The second picture link leads to a very dark picture of such a coin box equipped with an Abloy lock secured in place on a laundry machine...

Evan, ~~formerly a maintenance man, now a college student

Reply to
Evan

the lock I

looks like a coin tray to me.

Reply to
Key

Abaloy disk

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

Ok so now Im stuck. I bought this machine but was given no key and I heard Abloy locks are difficult to pick. I wish I was atleast given the key code but I guess Im gonna end up having to totally replace this lock =(

Reply to
Luv

replacing isnt the problem- removing it is.

I have coin boxes with locks if you need any, was going put on e-bay this week

Reply to
JOCK tec

even with the key code, you wont be getting any keys

Reply to
JOCK tec

yeah what he said.. you DO have your work cut out for you..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Now you know why the machine was relatively cheap... The moral here, as always, is to include the cost of putting something into operation in the price you're willing to pay for it.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

as long as it was REAL cheap, and you do NOT need the lock mechanism, you arent hurt.. if you NEED the lock mechanism, then the 'good deal' isnt such a good deal If I get something, and it needs a key and they dont have one, the price comes WAY down in my book

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I've said before that there's got to be an opportunity here for some mobile locksmith to arrange to hang out his shingle in the parking lot of a major auction house, unlocking/rekeying stuff (perhaps at a pre-estimated price)...

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

hard to pick, but easy to defeat for a locksmith.... take it to your local, he should only charge for a replacement cylinder... I would..

Reply to
steve