Meilink safe with combination

Hello All,

I recently bought a house with a Meilink safe in one of the closets. The real estate agent thought the original owner put it in. This was in 1970. Taped on top was, I presume, the combination.

28-L/4T 85-R/3T 32-L2T

I've tried this and it won't unlock. On the bezel around the dial there are two hash marks. The one in the center (12:00 position) has an arrow. The other hash mark is in appoximately the 10:00 position.

Is there a specific method for applying the combination that anyone is aware of? Do I just go left four times and stop at 28....etc?

Thanks for any input, Charles

Reply to
Charles

using the 12 o clock mark.

turn RIGHT, stopping when 85 comes up the THIRD TIME, not necessarily 3 turns..

turn LEFT stopping when it comes up the SECOND time.. again NOT necessarily 2 turns.,..

turn RIGHT, now, and it should open..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Now that you've published your combo for the world to see (unless this is one you made up for purposes of the question), you might consider getting it changed...

Reply to
Joe Kesselman